The Nigerian Armed Forces on Sunday said its airstrikes targeted and destroyed Boko Haram terrorists’ locations at Bula Bello and Ngoske on the fringes of the Sambisa Forest in Borno State, also killed “several” of them.
According to the Coordinator, Defence Media Operations (DMO), Defence Headquarters, Abuja, Major General John Enenche, said in a statement on Sunday that the airstrikes were conducted by “the subsidiary Operation LONG REACH being conducted by the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE.”
Saying that the airstrikes was “continuing to yield tangible results in the push to end the activities of Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) in the North East of Nigeria,” General Enenche noted that was carried out on two locations between Thursday and Friday last week.
According to Enenche, “the most recent of these gains were recorded in a series of devastating air strikes targeting terrorists’ locations at Bula Bello and Ngoske on the fringes of the Sambisa Forest in Borno State.
“The air interdiction missions were executed on 18 and 19 June 2020 sequel to credible intelligence reports indicating that the terrorists had resumed use of the closely linked settlements as staging points to launch attacks against friendly forces’ locations and surrounding civilian settlements.
“Accordingly, the Air Task Force dispatched a force package of Nigerian Air Force (NAF) fighter jets as well as an Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft to engage the 2 locations.
“The NAF jets scored devastating hits in their multiple waves of attacks resulting in the obliteration of designated portions of the terrorists’ hideouts as well as the neutralization of several of their fighters.”