Global Upfront Newspapers
CoverNews

Bandits kill 66 persons in massacre at 8 villages in Kebbi State

The Nigeria Police in Kebbi State said 66 people were killed by bandits in Danko-Wasagu Local Government Area of Kebbi State.

Spokesperson of the State Police command, DSP Nafiu Abubakar, said the massacre, which took place on Thursday, affected eight villages of the Danko-Wasagu council.

Abubakar said that although the number of the dead are still being counted, but the State Police command had already dispatched a detachment of the officers and men of the area to assist in the evacuation of the bodies and provision of security.

According to the Spokesperson, “the killing took place in Koro, kimpi, Gaya, Dimi, Zutu, Rafin Gora and Iguenge villages, all in Danko/Wasagu LGA of Kebbi State.”

Sources said that majority of the people who escaped from the affected villages have escaped to nearby town of Riba for safety.

In April, bandits killed nine policemen among whom was the Police DPO of Danko/Wasagu.

The story first appeared in Daily Trust, https://dailytrust.com/66-killed-in-bandit-massacre-on-8-kebbi-villages

Advertize With Us

See Also

Remain Diligent And Continue To Discharge Your Constitutional Roles In Defence Of Nigeria, COAS Charge Troops

Global Upfront

Troops kill terrorists on looting spree along Magumeri axis of Borno State, burst Boko Haram/ISWAP tax collectors in Yobe State

Global Upfront

Children Have The Potential To Be Great – Cakasa Foundation

Global Upfront

Details on How Chinese Firm Targets Nigeria’s Assets in U.S., UK, 6 Other Countries Over Failed Contract Issues With Ogun State Govt

Global Upfront

Three Likely Changes In Mali After France Withdraws – And Two Options For The Junta

Global Upfront

Anambra Guber Poll: How prepared are Nigerian Security Agencies?

Global Upfront

This website uses Cookies to improve User experience. We assume this is OK...If not, please opt-out! Accept Read More