It is becoming obvious that former President Goodluck Jonathan will contest the 2023 Presidential election under the umbrella of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
A top former aide of the former President said in a deleted tweet that the former President will contest under the APC.
And even though the tweet was pulled down, the strong message had been sent as it stated: “Jonathan set to declare for 2023 Presidency under APC.”
And if he finally contests under the umbrella of the APC, the former President will be returning back to power in the den of those who denigrated him and labelled him “clueless” and incompetent, ousting him from power in a web of conspiracy which involved politicians across parties.
Originally just fable tales, President Jonathan’s bid is gaining traction as he has refused to categorically rule himself out of the race.
Last Friday, the former President gave hint of of high possibility of joining the 2023 Presidential contest while addressing some supporters who besieged his office in Abuja, asking him to run for the Presidency in 2023,
Jonathan told them: “I cannot tell if I’m contesting.
“Yes you are calling me to come and declare for the next election, I cannot tell I’m declaring. The political process is ongoing just watch out. The key role you must play is that Nigeria must get somebody that will carry young people along.”