Ahead of the 2023 general elections, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi has released a 48-page document tagged “Our Part With Nigeria”.
The document contains purposeful and participatory leadership for national rebirth based on its 7 governance priorities:
- Securing Nigeria, ending banditry and insurgency; and uniting our dear nation, to manage our diversity such that no one is left behind.
- Production-centred growth for food security and export –Moving Nigeria from consumption to production.
- Restructuring the polity through effective legal and institutional reforms, to fight corruption and enthrone rule of law and all-inclusive and effective government.
- Leapfrogging Nigeria from an oil-dependent economy to the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) with massive investment in new technologies
- Expanding physical infrastructure with focus on critical sectors like power, multi-modal transportation, gas pipeline, etc. – through efficient public-private partnership (PPP) reforms (unleashing growth-enabling entrepreneurship and market-creating innovations).
- Youth engagement and human capital development that improves quality of life of workers and families, and productivity-enhancing education that empowers labour competitiveness.
- Robust foreign policy that restores Nigeria’s strategic relevance