Global Upfront Newspapers
CoverDiaspora/Life AbroadEditor's PicksLifeNewsOdd News

3 Sisters Of Nigerian Heritage Found Dead At UK’s Brighton Beach

By Grâçia Ada Obi

ZoomXtics Ad

The three women whose bodies were recovered from the sea off Brighton Beach in southern England have been identified as sisters of apparent Nigerian heritage.

Their devastated father described them as the “light” of the family, “beautiful light that filled our family with happiness and love.”

Emergency services were called after concerns were raised for a person’s welfare at about 5.45am on May 13, before three bodies were pulled from the water near Madeira Drive.

Sussex Police named the women on Wednesday May 20, 2026 as Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, from the Uxbridge area of London.

Their father, Joseph, paid tribute to his daughters “whose lives ended so tragically far too soon.”

He said in statement: “Jane, Christina, and Becky were more than daughters to me; they were my joy, my strength and the beautiful light that filled our family with happiness and love.

“Each of you was unique and precious in your own special way. Your smiles brightened dark days, your laughter brought comfort and your presence made life more meaningful.

“Though your time on Earth was short, the impact you made will remain in our hearts for ever.”

Sussex Police have said there is no evidence to suggest criminality or that anyone else was involved, but specialist detectives are working to gather the full facts and circumstances surrounding the three women’s deaths.

Hundreds of hours of CCTV footage had been reviewed and inquiries made to businesses and properties around the beach area to try to track their last movements, the force said.

Anyone with information is asked to come forward, particularly anyone who saw the sisters around the Madeira Drive area between 10pm on 12 May and 5.30am on 13 May.

Chief Superintendent Adam Hays, divisional commander for Brighton and Hove said his officers would leave no stone unturned in their investigation. “The thoughts of everyone at Sussex police are with the family of Jane, Christina and Rebecca following this devastating loss,” he said.

“This investigation will continue in earnest, with Jane, Christina and Rebecca’s family at its centre. I would ask that they are given the privacy to come to terms with this terrible tragedy.”

Advertize With Us

See Also

Chinese Now Leading Smuggling Of Contraband In Nigeria, Culprits On The Run – Customs

Global Upfront

I invited military operations against IPOB, Eastern Security Network, in Orlu, Orsu LGAs, Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma, owns up

Global Upfront

Bankrolling An Invasion: How Western Banks Facilitated Multi-Billion-Dollar Transfers On Eve Of Ukraine War – OCCRP Exclusive

Global Upfront

UAE halts new visas to citizens of 13 mostly Muslim states – document

Global Upfront

Defence Minister says his alleged AK-47 viral video is “hot lies by mischief makers”

Global Upfront

How The Nnewi Anglican Diocese Is Revolutionising Agriculture, Other Sectors in Anambra State

Global Upfront

This website uses Cookies to improve User experience. We assume this is OK...If not, please opt-out! Accept Read More